Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Who says there's recession?

First day back in SG and I am purchasing to help boost the Singapore economy. Check out what I have spent on.

Miracle mascara which gave me lashes I never thought I have got.






Then pedicure. My Chinese pedicure artist when told to cut my toe nails short proceeded to file my long toe nails. When I repeated my instructions in Chinese, she said she heard me the first time round and proceeded to pick up the nail clipper instead. Touche!


OK lah, she did quite a nice job in the end.


My pedicure artist. Check out her stockings. cool.


My sis.

It was way past lunch time by then so we went to Ya Kun. We also tah-baued the Shilin Oyster Mee suah and my sis her virgin attempt in slurping the mee suah and she loved it. I told her to anticipate the even shiok one in Ximenting, Taipei.

Yak Kun, the irreplaceable. Some shody HK shop wanted to set up shop in Melbourne proclaiming the toast as authentic HK stuff, my sis claims. And with one bite, the tru-blue Singaporean in her rejected it immediately. Nothing comes close to Ya Kun I tell you.







Then shirts for Ernest and me. G2000 is having this 50% off for the 2nd piece and I went credit card happy in there. I bought 2 shirts & a tie for my bro, 5 shirts for Ernest and 3 work blouses for myself.




I then spent a lovely evening with Dot and hubby Casey at their place. I was suspicious when Dot says she wanted me to try the chocolate cake she baked but it turn out to be the most fluffy and delicious cake I have tasted for a long while.

No comments: