Sunday, March 29, 2009

Beef or VeGGG?!

This warrants a blog post all by itself.

I took an Emirates flight from Melbourne back to Singapore today and I was appalled about just everything on this flight. I made a silent comparision with my very first Emirates flight from Sydney to Christchurch which was just a very short 3 hours flight, the difference was heaven and hell.

Firstly, the flight attendants were ugly. Yes you heard me right, they are ugly. OK, I am not discriminating or trying to be holier than thou but I have never had auntie in short crop hair in the beautiful Emirates uniform serving me drinks other than the aunties in the infamous sarong kebaya clad aunties in Tanjong Pagar Shopping Centre pushing nasi lemak. She was wearing glasses too! What the?

Then before we can take off, 2 passengers in the row in front of us decide to off-load themselves. For what reason, we never knew. But that decision of theirs provoked a security check of all our cabin luggage which lasted for half and hour and made us feel like terrorists with all that serious staring by the plains clothes security staff onboard.

Finally we took off. The menu looks impressive enough. A choice of lamb hotpot in exotic spices and roasted potatoes and roast chicken and pasta. When the meal is being heated up in the gallery, we could all smell that lovely lamb aroma and I decided there and then I would have the lamb. I think everyone on the flight thinks the same because when the serving trolley came to us, they have no more lamb. I insisted on the reason why when the FA tried to force the chicken on me and she gave me that lame reason 'oh, we only catered 40% lamb and 60% chicken because chicken is more popular choice'. If it is popular why isn't lamb available then?! I am so upset and I grabed the chicken off her and gave her the stare-off. And they nearly missed serving us drinks because they could not be bothered.

There's no ice-cream.

They dimmed the lights after the food service and I had a hard time trying to get to sleep maybe because I am still smarting over the lamb incident or maybe the seat is just hard to fall asleep on but finally I fell asleep.

Then out of the blue, I had this auntie voice in my ear shouting, 'Beef or VeGG? Beef or VeGG? Beef or VeGG? Beef or VeGG?!!!' Shit! Is this the way to wake up passengers? By shouting in their ear?

I sat up quickly and the vision of the auntie FA pushing a basket of beef wrap and vegetarian wrap under my nose and demand I make a choice there and then. I took the beef wrap and shove the wrap into my mouth half asleep, willing myself to finish it quickly so that I can go back to sleep. It's hard cos there are no drinks served with the dry wrap.

I tell you this is the shittest flight I have ever experienced and I am surprised I got off it in one piece. I wanted to take a picture of the auntie FA to show everyone here but even I was too revolted to remember to bring out my camera. I will leave you with this pic of me and my sis excited to go home to SG but none too pleased about the Emirates this time.

No comments: