Sunday, October 05, 2008

Lazy Saturday

Alison specially flew in from Singapore for her holidays and she said she visited Sydney 'just for me', cos I am her friend and since I am here. I gam tong lah....so when friends are here, i take them on gastronomical feasts in Sydney.

We woke up really early today at about 8 and we showed off the Sydney Fish Market to our easily impressed Singaporean guests. They had to catch a 11am bus to Canberra so we had to rush.

Of course with our expertise, we ordered beautiful seafood and we tucked in post haste.
Check out the pictures which speak a thousand words. Well done again, my photography husband.




My favourite seafood had to be the fresh tiger prawns. Tiger prawns in Sydney are enjoyed lightly blanched in sea salt water and served cold with seafood cocktail sauce.

Tiger prawns cooked this way made the flesh 'ooh-lala' sweet and contrasted really well with the salty after taste. And I am one of those who love to suck on the prawns' head to get the 'juices' out. Yummy.

Thanks for dropping by Alison. Hope you have enjoyed yourself in this 'why-the-shops-close-so-early' city of melting pot cultures and never-ending international cuisines.


After sending my friends off, we felt a bit disoriented. Here we are, only 10.45am and we are already woken up for the past 3 hours and very full from the heavy breakfast. We decided to stay in the city for some retail therapy.

And what a retail therapy we had! Ernest and I spent 4 hours shopping in the city and we bought so many things. I bought Crabtree & Evelyn's Rosewater Eau de toilette (I love their Rosewater series), Khiels eye cream (have to pamper myself sometimes) and a Morrissey dress belt for Ernest. We had coffee at Gloria Jeans and had a lovely time just spending time with my man. We ended up visiting Bvlgari, Gucci, Cartier & Jimmy Choo boutiques and pretending to be seriously considering buying their ridiculously-priced items. I even scored a Bvlgari catalogue for my coffee table free of charge from the nice salesman who thought we are shopping for wedding bands. Haha.

Then we headed to Nike Factory Outlet shop at Auburn for more retail therapy. There were some serious discounts going on at that shop and Ernest bought for himself 2 pairs of shoes, an Air Jordan cap and an Air Jordan jacket. All up for less than $200. What a bargain!

By the time we finished shopping, it was almost 5pm and we realised we have not had lunch! Then we headed to Hungry Jack and we shared our very first Quad Stack Burger. A burger so sinful that it is not on the menu. You know how we had to whisper to the sales people at those dodgy JB shops, hey, you guys sell blue? you know, blue movies? And then they show you the back of the room which is fully concealed and you had to filter through the blue titles with your heads down because you dun want to be recognised in that room? We felt exactly the same with our Quad Stack. We had to quickly take a few bites (tried really hard, cos the burger is so thick with beef patties) and cover up with its wrapper paper cos we do not want other people to know we are enjoying such burger. Check out Ernest's blog for more details on the Quad Stack. The burgers are indeed better at Hungry Jack's.

We reached home at about 6pm and I fell asleep promptly. It had been a long day. When I woke up at 10.30 ravenous and complaining about being hungry, my loving husband immediately put on his apron and cooked for us a delicious meal of prawn noodles. With timing for a normal day as screwed up as this, even now blogging at 1.30am means I am no longer sleepy and maybe we can catch a little reruns of Queer as Folks on TV.

I love days where no rules apply and we can still up as long as we like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey your pretty sister here!

papa ask you to bring his nike shoes which he'd left over at yours the other time.

and my friend just got a black haivannas w golden haivannas words on it so chioooooooo. if u happen to see it, pls pls get it for me ;D

xoxo!