Friday, December 09, 2011

I would think they would be cleverer

On the bus enroute to work this morning, I chanced upon a Channel News Asia article about Italian far-left group Federazione Anarchica Informale (FAI) sending a letter bomb to the Deutsche Bank CEO Josef Ackermann. The mail room staff had intercepted the suspicious looking brown envelope and alerted the police where upon X-ray and all sorts of fancy stuff worthy of CSI evidence collection, FAI was found to proudly proclaim their ingenuity in this.

Surely the people in FAI must have wanted publicity over this stunt they pulled and not so desperate in sending Josef a letter so that their message get sent across. Surely they must known that the mail room staff would look at this strange brown envelope, deduced that this ain't Josef's secret love letter and got the police involved in this. And once the police got involved, the media would have whiffed a scent of news-worthiness and reported on the mass media. And hence whatever message FAI wanted to get out, got their relevant audience.

If I were Josef, I might even feel offended and insulted because all FAI wanted was my position in Deutsche Bank and the security my job would have provided me as a platform for worldwide fame. FAI dun want to send me love letters telling me what a good job I have done. They are not even interested to check if I would be in the building to receive the letter.

Chey!

No comments: