Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I has friends

I am very much into Blinkymummy's blog and has been her silent stalker reader for a while now. When I read about Blinkymummy's friend, there was some 感触 about my own friends and how I am shaped for life just by the friends around me.

Firstly I am truly thankful for the 2 groups of girlfriends who grew up with me. Without them, Eliss will not be who she is. Nurtured by laughter, gossips and little nuggets of life that we shared, we have made life together.

First group of girlfriends, D, P & A were my bestest friends in secondary school. I dunno why, but I was constantly out of pocket-money then and P always always extended her generousity to me everytime without fail. 4 of us hanged out at Northpoint after school everyday and closer towards the end of our secondary school life, we got to know a group of boys who were delinquents in their own rights and P married one of them and I got my heart broken for the 1st time in my life by another one. D was the funny one and she is the one who could accept everyone for who they are. A, the ever hardworking and conscientous student, helped us every step of the way for our 'O' levels. I think I was the rebellious one then, proudly proclaiming every bad stuff I did to D, P & A; the first shoplift, the first fight, the first kiss, the first traunt from school.

The 4 of us moved around school like a cell. We eat together, study together, cry together and even worked together in a part time job at Junction 8 during school holidays. When the teachers addressed us, they addressed us as a group. There is no dispute that the 4 of us are one. Even when we are now adults, everyone of us is a bridesmaid for each other's wedding. We have only one wedding left to do. When is that going to happen, A???

The 2nd group of girlfriends were from my poly years (readers from Australia= tafe). When you grow older, it seemed to me keeping clinches gets harder and harder. You get a close friend or two at the beginning. You add more friends along the way and you might just lose some as well. In poly, there isn't a fixed set of friends which I would call a group specifically, but class 3B14 were the most notorious bunch there were. We skipped a tutorial completely because we hated the tutor and made our Japanese teacher cry because we did not turn up for an external event en masse when we promised her we will come.

We skipped lectures to go karaoke in the afternoons and held mini fishing (or was it prawns? I must be getting old) events in school as part of our curriculum and won the top award for the best event. We had our very own class tee and I loved the fact we like to take photos of ourselves so much that whenever I see photos of class 3B14 laughing and hugging and falling over each other in my albums, I could not help but smile. Wonder women!

There were so many memories that I could not finish typing them out but I really thank God for all of them. Every single one of them. Although we are all grown up now and leading our separate lives, I am very glad that everytime we meet (although it may be once a year now for me), the jokes were still so familar and the conversations just flowed. Flowed like we just met last week.

I am truly appreciative of my friends. 朋友是一生的!
I thank you as well, reader, for being my friend and reading my blog thus far.

No comments: